2018 Digital Grassroots Ambassadors Program Application Form – Apply Here
Are you a young person(s) Good with the internet? Then an opportunity for you to take you career to the next level is here as the 2018 Digital Grassroots Ambassadors Program Application is on Now. Here you will find the instructions on how to go about the Application process.
This program is targeted on your Persons who wish to use the internet for a great and good Development. Its a youth initiative created to increase citizenship by Internet Society youth fellows at the Internet Governance Forum 2017.
The Internet Governance Forum that took place at the United Nations in Geneva from the 18th to the 21st of December 2017 had the theme: “Shape Your Digital Future.” Internet Society Youth Fellows saw the need to increase youth participation in Internet Governance Issues. Even though they are digital natives, young people are secluded from the decision making table on policies and issues affecting the internet that has shaped and continue to shape our daily lives.
So this will be a great opportunity for you, So Apply Now. The Application form is FREE.
The Digital Grassroots Ambassador program is an initiative to accomplish the following goals:
- Build a positive narrative on youth participation in Internet Governance
- Engage youth in resolving internet relation problems at community level
- Introduce youth to participation in Internet Governance through mentorship
- Use Internet Literacy as a tool to accomplish Sustainable Developmental Goals
The Program will include the following:
- An Internet Literacy Coursework tailored to accomplish the SDGs.
- A community engagement activity that will be done by selected Ambassadors.
- A 4 week mentorship program with a mentor to induct Ambassadors to Youth Participation in Internet Governance.
2018 Digital Grassroots Ambassadors Program Application Form
Successful Ambassadors will receive a certificate at the end of the program, an opportunity to share success stories and write articles related to internet on it’s website, forum and social platforms, an exclusive mentorship program on how to engage as a youth in Internet Governance, as well as an opportunity to join the core team in a given capacity.
See the Requirements to participate in the program below:
- Those between 14 and 29 years old in 2018 can Apply
- Those Interested in using the internet as a tool for social good and development.
- Community Centred individual passionate about sharing information
- Applications encouraged from persons from regions facing internet related challenges including access problems
- No prior experience needed in Internet Governance to participate
- Applicants are encouraged to join the Digital Grassroots forum for news updates (Optional).
- Applicants are encouraged to join the Digital Grassroots forum for news updates.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE FORUM
How to Apply
Interested and Qualified Applicants can Access the online application form here to Apply.
Application Closes January 30th, 2018.
Share on your Social Media Account to let others who might be interested know about the 2018 Digital Grassroots Ambassadors Program Application Form and how to Apply.