British Council Creative Enterprise Programme – East Africans | Apply Here
The British Council in partnership with Nesta (the UK’s innovation foundation) will deliver the Creative Enterprise Programme (CEP) again to East Africa. And with that, Suitable and Interested Applicants can now apply for the British Council Creative Enterprise Programme following the instructions in this article.
The Programme is designed to support entrepreneurs who are already in the process of setting up their own creative enterprise. It’s workshop content and activities are relevant to people whose businesses are up and running and those who are in the very early stages.
CEP is a four day practical workshop that equips creative entrepreneurs with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed. Expert facilitators, as well as local market specialists, will provide face-to-face support to help entrepreneurs explore business ideas, develop their business proposition, and create a business model that suits their hopes and motivations.
Through the four days, participants explore key ways to:
- Understand the building blocks that describe and will shape their business opportunity
- Identify and better understand customers, and explore how the business will function and grow
- Visualise the main components of the business and bring together the key elements of a business plan.
British Council Creative Enterprise Programme – East Africans
— Objective of the programme
The CEP builds on the Creative Enterprise Toolkit in a supportive peer-to-peer learning context. A Nesta workshop facilitator and creative business expert, who brings a wealth of experience, presents the content and offers participants advice and guidance for getting their products and services to market.
Through interactive exercises and activities, participants will gain a better understanding of how to develop their business.
— Programme Outline
Day 1: You and Your Idea
Focuses on helping participants understand the building blocks that describe and shape their business opportunity:
- Explores values, vision and mission
- Uses modelling to demonstrate what impact the business could have.
Day 2: Your Customers
Encourages participants to identify and better understand customers and users. It focuses on exploring how the business will function and grow by:
- Learning from other local creative entrepreneurs
- Describing customer profiles and needs
- Defining the business processes and the relationships needed to help them realise their business opportunity.
Visualise the main components of the business and to bring together the key elements of participants’ business plans through a first draft of the Business Model Canvas (BMC). It provides supports participants to:
- Understand the legal and financial considerations for running a business
- Evaluate the business and plan for the future
- Prototype a first draft of a business plan using the BMC.
Hear from the experts and learn practical and applicable skills for your business
— Eligibility Standards
Applicants wishing to apply, must be meet the criteria below
- Be a creative business, working in the relevant creative industry (fashion and literature)
- Have an already established enterprise, or be in the later stages of developing an idea. This is typically a business no more than two years old, but can be a more established business wishing to pause and consider their model through the CEP lens
- Be willing to share their knowledge and experience with the group in an open, supportive peer lead learning environment
- Come prepared to work on their business/idea, to progress through the programme, considering peer feedback, to strengthen their proposition
- Be open to supporting your fellow participants in developing their idea through providing constructive feedback when appropriate
- Be available for the full duration of the programme.
— How to Apply
Interested Applicants Should Click on the link below to Apply;
— Application Deadline
Application Closes on the 1st of April, 2018.
Let others Know about British Council Creative Enterprise Programme by sharing this article on your Social Media Account. THANKS